Wednesday, May 05, 2010

May 5, 2010 – Genesis 35

Is Rachel’s death somehow a result of her taking that idol from her father’s home.  And why wasn’t she giving that up when they asked for all the other idols.  Genesis 31:31-37.  It just seems like it was a big enough deal to mention it then, but it has not been brought up again.  (I am still in “Lost” mode where we want answers to all the questions and everything means something)  I just thought that when they were talking about giving up the idols, Rachel would come forward.  But she didn’t, and then she died right after that. 

I didn’t know that it was Bethlehem where she died.  I know if you ever went to visit, they have a huge Church where Jesus was born, but I wonder if they still have anything marking where Rachel is buried.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home