Tuesday, May 04, 2010

May 4, 2010 – Catechism 249-256

The three persons of the Trinity are three persons relative to each other.  Para 255 talks about it this way, and I guess I have never thought about it that way.  We always are trying to define things above the meaning words can give and we have already talked about things like this, but that is an interesting way to look at it.  Relative to this or that is how that thing is viewed compared to this or that.  Moral Relativity is a popular term these days and it is the idea that if I think it is ok then it is ok.  But the idea of what is relative to God, what is on that level, the only thing that is there is God.  So the fact that there are the three persons of God, relative to each other, what is the argument to that.  We are dealing with a  relativity that is beyond our understanding.  I had just never thought about it in “relative” terms I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home