Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010 – Matthew 27:32-27:61

It is probably a little weird, but when I was reading the line when Jesus cried out and they said wait let’s see if someone answers, it made me think of the Salem witch trials.  It always confused me a little the stories about how they would test to see if you were a witch.  They would tie you up, weigh you down, and throw you in the lake.  If you drowned, you weren’t a witch, you were however DEAD.  You would think that people, able to sail across the sea, settle a town and survive in a new world would think of something better.  Here, they are doing a similar thing with Jesus.  Testing Him.  If He can survive this we will believe in Him, if not, obviously we were right.  I can understand that they may have said that, but was it really true.  Look back on what the leaders said about His other miracles.  They said he got his power from Satan, expels Satan by Satan.  So, if they had seen some glorious miracle at this point, do we really believe they would have changed their minds.  I don’t think so and I am assuming God new as much.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home