Sunday, February 06, 2011

February 6, 2011 – Sirach 32

This reminds me of my mom.  She is always the last one to eat when people are over at her house.  Sometimes I wonder if she ate anything at all when we had a party.  She is always up and busy doing something while everyone gets their things and then finally she would sit down herself.  I don’t know if she has ever read this reading, but that is what it reminded me of.  I don’t know if I quite have that part of being a host down because I like to eat, but I try to make sure people are taken care of first. 

There is also the part about not over staying your welcome.  When the party is suppose to be over, leave.  You can relax at your own home.  This one I don’t know about.  I usually enjoy when people stay longer and the party winds down and you can have a conversation a little more easily.  Since we have Paul, I know we don’t stay longer than we have to, we are usually pretty quick about leaving.  I think growing up, my family was always the last ones to leave, we usually helped clean up.  Sometimes I don’t know if people appreciate that or if they just want to be alone.  With my family they were probably just ready for us to be out of their hair. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home