Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10, 2012 – Lamentations 2

In reading this, you get a sense of someone walking through a scene of utter destruction.  It got me thinking about how when there is a natural disaster, people always say “it looks like a warzone”.  I have just always found that connection confusing.  I understand they may have a similar look, but I can’t really connect war and natural disasters.  I would think, walking through a war zone would have a much different feel.  A southerner walking through Atlanta after it was burned to the ground would have different feelings than a Missourian walking through Joplin after the tornado.  This chapter is describing a war zone feel, not a natural disaster feel.  The enemy is gloating over them, they are asking for retribution, but there is also a sense of understanding that this was anticipated or deserved.  There is a “we knew this was coming”, feel to looking over the destruction.  That is something that is totally foreign to someone walking through a natural disaster area.  In that scene there is an overwhelming sense of “why us”.  The comparison has always just struck me as odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home