Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15, 2013 – Proverbs 25 - 26:5

25:7 sounds a lot like the parable that Christ teaches about going to a banquet.  When you get there, you should sit as far away from the head of the table as you can.  That way, when the host sees you and invites you to a higher place of honor, everyone can see you being brought forward.  Wow to the one that sits up front and has to be asked to move backwards because someone comes that is more prestigious and is asked, publicly, to move to the back.  What I have always wondered about is the person that sits in the back, then is brought forward to fill a top spot for someone that didn’t show, then that person shows late and you are sent back again.

25:16 reminds me of snacks in our house or any holiday candy that I have ever had.  I am the type to eat it all right away.  If there are chips or snacks, I may not even be hungry, but I will snack on them.  If there is nothing in the house to snack on, I don’t miss them or crave them, but if they are there, they won’t be for long.  It is the same with candy.  Halloween or Easter candy would not be there for long.  My wife, evidently, would have Easter candy for months.  If I still had it by Wed. it was probably because I had too much one of the other days.

I was confused by 26:4-5.  What do you do with a fool and his folly?  One says to do nothing, or else you will join him.  One says to do something or else the fool will grow confident.

26:1 Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, honor is not fitting for a fool.  This made me think about the situation with Obama and the Notre Dame graduation.  It is probably disrespectful to call President Obama a fool, but it was like snow in summer for him to be honored at a Catholic University when he stands for so many things that go against Catholic teachings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home