Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jan. 13, 2010 - Genesis 5

Just one thought about this chapter. The ages of the men as you move throught the chapter. I have heard the explanation that the ages begin to decline because we are moving away from the initial creation. The further we move away, the more sin enters and multiplies in the world and so the ag...e a man can live to starts to decline. That seems to make some sense.

I guess another thought. The Bible concentrates on only certain men in the line. It says that each has other sons and daughters. And they have the named child usually well into their 100's so you can imagine how many children they might have in the child bearing years if that could last until you were 200.

Something I am doing that I have always wanted to is map out the family tree as we go along. I don't know how it will look or if it will work, much like this group, but thought since I was doing it I would let everyone see what it looks like. This is the first listing (there was the geneology in Matthew, but I am going to focus on the Old Testament line) I started it today. I don't know if you have to start an account to view this or not. Here is a link below

http://www.geni.com/share?t=6000000007361237897

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home