Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 16, 2012 – Zechariah 3 – 5

When it was talking about the lamp stand with the two olive trees on either side, I was thinking of Christ on the cross with the two thieves on either side.  As you read on, it doesn’t seem to be alluding to that because of the importance of the thieves and only one of them converts, that we know of.  After reading all the passage about the olive trees, I had a picture in my head of all the art you see of Christ, seated on His throne, and the two people you usually see on His sides.  Most artwork places John the Baptist and Mary on one side and the other. 

This is one of my favorite pieces of art (also was always painted by my favorite ninja turtle). http://therki.com/published/publicdata/THERKI/attachments/SC/products_pictures/raphael_disputa_uc83_enl.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home